Master of Laws (L.L.M. in Taxation): University of Florida College of Law
B.S. Hotel Administration: Cornell University
St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce
Lutheran Church of the Cross Day School – Treasurer
Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association
Chair – St. Petersburg Innovation District
Suncoast Estate Planning Council
Executive Committee Member and Past Chair of St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership
Vice President – St. Petersburg Warehouse Arts District
Board Member of Tampa Bay Innovation Center
Chair – Pinellas County Educational Facilities Authority
Robert Kapusta is an attorney with Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. practicing in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, tax and estate planning, real estate, business and corporate law.
Robert Kapusta, Jr. is an attorney practicing in Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate, Tax and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Law with Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. He previously practiced with Fisher & Sauls, P.A. from 1987. He represents individuals and business entities in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, real estate, tax and estate planning, and business and corporate law. Kapusta received his Bachelor’s degree from Cornell University, his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law, and his Master of Laws (L.L.M.) degree in taxation from University of Florida College of Law. He is also a Certified Public Accountant. Kapusta is admitted to practice in all state of Florida courts.
When not practicing law, Kapusta volunteers his time and talents to foster local business growth and economic vitality, arts education and appreciation, and capital school improvements and educational programming opportunities in St. Petersburg through numerous leadership and civic activities. He received the H. Bernice (“Bernie”) Lodge Lay Person of the Year Award for 2008-2009 from the St. Petersburg Kiwanis Club and the “Hero Among Us” award in 2015 from the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation in recognition of his tireless community service.
Kapusta’s civic activities include:
- Chair – Executive Committee for the St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership
- BLUE Ocean Advisory Board Member
- Board Member – Tampa Bay Innovation Center
- Steering Committee for Community and Economic Development Strategy for St. Petersburg
- Chair – Bill Edwards Foundation for the Performing Arts
- Board – Duncan McClellan DMG School Project
- Chair – Pinellas Educational Facilities Authority
- St. Petersburg Kiwanis Club
- Past Management Committee Chair – Lutheran Church of the Cross
- Leadership St. Pete Class of 1992
- Past-Chair of the Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association Past-Chair- First Friday Program for the Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association
- Past-President of the Mahaffey Theater Foundation
- Past-Chair- Board of Directors and current Treasurer for the Lutheran Church of the Cross Day School
- Past-Member of the President’s Associates at Eckerd College
- Vice-President – St. Petersburg Warehouse Arts District Association, Inc.
Kapusta has an A-V rating in Martindale-Hubbell and has served as President of the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation and Treasurer of the St. Petersburg Bar Association. He is married with three children.